We all are aware of Lighting and if not then we should. Because with every release Salesforce giving more focus to lightning. Lightning is the future (don’t worry Apex and Visual force will still available).
Using lightning you can create Drag and drop component, Stand alone app, Run them in Visualforce page, Run them on other platform using lightning out and appexchange apps too. There are many good posts available on Internet and many resources too. So in this post (of series) I will pick short module and explain them separately. So that user can combine and use them as per their requirement.
So before we start here are some prerequisite:
- Create new Developer account.
- Enable custom domain and rollout this for user.
Now we will start the modules. In this series of post we will cover following thing.
- Lightning App
- Lightning component
- Attribute and expression
- Use of helper
First we will start with Lightning App
Open the developer console and Select File | New | Lightning Application to create a new Lightning app. In the New Lightning Bundle panel, enter TestApp for the app name, and click Submit.
App contains the opening and closing tags for a Lightning app, <aura:application>. Between them, we will add all component and Save the app so that we can view the result.
The main items of an app are the following.
- When writing markup, you can add a component to an app, but you can’t add an app to another app, or an app to a component.
- An app has a standalone URL that you can access while testing, and which you can publish to your users. We often refer to these standalone apps as “my.app.”
- You can’t add apps to Lightning Experience or Salesforce1—you can only add components.
In the next part we will continue with Lightning components.