Hi everyone, As we all are aware Salesforce gives us 3 releases in a year. Now we have Summer 16 is here and this is Salesforce’s 50 release. So I am also excited as any one else. So I give a read of release notes and found some important points need to remember. I am sharing them here and if you found any other important update please share them in comments.
- Limits increases for the Enterprise, Professional and Unlimited Editions.Find out what’s changed.
If you use a Professional, Enterprise, or Unlimited Edition org, you can now use as many custom apps as you want.
Professional Edition orgs can now use up to two custom profiles per license type.
If you use a Professional, Enterprise, or Unlimited Edition org, you can now use as many custom tabs as you want.
If you use a Professional Edition org with page layouts and add new fields, pay attention to field-level security for your new fields.
Previously existing fields aren’t affected.
Professional Edition orgs can now use up to two permission sets.
Professional Edition customers now have access to Process Builder, our premier process-automation tool, and can use up to five
processes to automate repetitive tasks.
Professional Edition customers can now use up to three record types per object.
Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Edition orgs include more sandboxes to use for development, testing, and training.
2. Debug logs now include time zone information for activity timestamps. Previously, you couldn’t tell from a debug log which time zone the logged activities occurred in.
3. View Visualforce Controller Exceptions in Debug Logs
Debug logs now include exceptions thrown by Visualforce controllers. Visualforce controller exceptions have been visible in the Salesforce user interface, but the exceptions looked like successes in the debug log. This feature is available in both Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic.
4. Set the Page Title in Lightning Experience with the <apex:page> title Attribute
In prior releases of Lightning Experience setting the page title of a Visualforce page had no effect. With this release, you can set the page’s title using the title attribute of the <apex:page> tag. This sets the text used in browser windows, tabs, and bookmarks, and makes using Lightning Experience in multiple tabs a better experience.
You can also set a Visualforce page title by adding a static <title> HTML tag to your page. Although using the page’s title attribute is usually preferred, the treatment of the page title is the same.
Finally, while it’s not a primary use case, setting the page’s title, using either technique, also affects the page in the Salesforce1 mobile browser app. The page’s title appears in the history stack, and in browser tabs or windows. The page title doesn’t appear in the Salesforce1 downloadable app.
5. Increased Cross-Namespace Limits
Good news! We’ve increased the number of unique, certified namespaces that can be invoked during a single Apex transaction.
Previously, the limit during a single transaction was 10. We’ve removed this limit and added a cumulative cross-namespace limit.
There’s now no limit on the number of certified namespaces that can be invoked in a single transaction. However, the number of operations that can be performed in each namespace must not exceed the per-transaction limits. In place of the former limit, there’s a new limit on the cumulative number of operations that can be made across namespaces in a transaction. This cumulative limit is 11 times the per-namespace limit. For example, if the per-namespace limit for SOQL queries is 100, a single transaction can perform up to 1,100 SOQL queries. In this case, the cumulative limit is 11 times the per-namespace limit of 100.
6. This critical update disables access to Lightning Experience and the Salesforce1 mobile browser app when using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11.
7. Contacts to Multiple Accounts lets reps associate a single contact with multiple accounts. Every contact needs to be associated with a primary account (the account that appears in Account Name). And now, your reps can associate more accounts with each contact. The primary account represents a direct relationship; the other accounts associated with a contact represent indirect relationships.
8. Secure Confidential Client Information with Salesforce Shield
Salesforce Shield, a trio of security tools to help monitor data access and usage, prevent malicious activity, and encrypt data at rest. Protect your client information with Shield, which includes Event Monitoring, Field Audit Trail, and Platform Encryption.
9.You can now create a sandbox by cloning an existing sandbox rather than using your production org as your source. Save time by populating any type of sandbox with a previously chosen set of data and metadata. (Sandbox templates, which serve a similar
purpose, are available only for Full or Partial Copy sandboxes.) Sandbox-to-sandbox cloning facilitates iterative development, allowing you to freeze development in one sandbox and pick up where you left off in a new one.
Please let me know what you like most in summer 16 and what you still want to see in Salesforce.