- Create your processes using a convenient layout with point-and-click efficiency.
- Create your whole process in one place rather than using multiple workflow rules.
- Create processes by collaborating with different teams in your business.
- Stop using Apex code to automate simple tasks. Like update child record from parent.
- Stop worrying about test classes and their coverage.
- Criteria that determine when to execute action groups.
- Immediate and scheduled actions to execute when those criteria are met.
Any change that causes a record to match the criteria can automatically trigger the action group.
- Create a record
- Update any related record—not just the record or its parent
- Use a quick action to create a record, update a record, or log a call
- Launch a flow—you can’t schedule this action with workflow
- Send an email
- Post to Chatter
- Submit for approval
If you need your process to do more than what those actions allow, don’t worry. You can also call Apex from a process.
Workflow enables you to set up workflow rules that identify what kinds of record changes or additions trigger specified workflow actions, such as sending email alerts and updating record fields.
Visual Workflow enables you to create flows, which are applications that are user-triggered instead of event-triggered. Unlike Workflow, which always executes rules and actions behind the scenes, Visual Workflow offers screens for displaying and collecting information from the user running the flow.
Process Builder can be utilized to automate all workflow actions (with the exception of outbound messages). Traditional workflow can still be utilized in parallel, however, Process Builder gives you the ability to do things that workflow can’t. Although, somewhat of a double edged sword this puts some very powerful tools at the disposal of an experienced administrator.
If you want to learn more here are some tools which you can use.